Minister for Mental Health; Child Protection
Member for Kingsley
Andrea Mitchell has always loved playing an active role in the community. With more than 15 years’ experience as a physical education teacher in Western Australian high schools and her voluntary position as President of Tennis West, she always enjoyed working with people from all walks of life to help achieve a common goal and build a stronger community. Now, as Member for Kingsley, Andrea wants to work together with the people of Kingsley to build a better future for local businesses and families.
Andrea’s strong association with tennis and her time spent as Sport and Recreation Manager firmly entrenched her belief that teamwork is the key to success. Having been a director of Tennis Australia and the Hopman Cup, she understands that it takes hard work, determination and discipline to achieve real results. As a Government Minister and a key part of Colin Barnett’s Liberal Government, Andrea is working hard to make our local community an even better place to live and work.
Andrea Mitchell is a hardworking active member of our community – in her first year in Parliament alone, she delivered on key local projects, including:
- Planning strategies to combat the escalating anti-social behaviour throughout the electorate, but particularly Woodvale
- The construction of the new Greenwood Primary School
- Midgie insect problem at Lake Goollelal
- Traffic issues on local streets
- Transport issues including, the Stage 2 parking development at Greenwood and Whitford’s train stations
- Luisini Winery Project in Kingsley
- Increasing accommodation options in the Kingsley electorate for residents at the Kingsway Tourist Park
As Kingsley’s local Member, Andrea Mitchell is working with the Government to protect and enhance the community’s unique way of life.
Unit 4, Woodvale Park Commercial Centre,
923 Whitfords Avenue,
Woodvale WA 6026
Tel: (08) 9309 2666
Email Andrea here
Ministerial Office Details
2 Havelock Street
West Perth WA 6005
Ph: (08) 6552 5400