Candidate for Butler
Linda Aitken is a wife, mother, grandmother, City of Wanneroo Councillor (for North Ward) and registered nurse whose heart is with her family and the wonderful northern suburbs community she calls home. Family and family values are important to her and she will work to support these values.
Linda and her husband, Vince, have been married for 38 years and have lived with their family in the northern suburbs since 1979, being highly appreciative of the issues relevant to the Butler electorate. Linda drives on local roads every morning and evening, understanding the concerns important to this community because she and her family live them every day.
She has the passion to make Butler a better place to live.
Linda and her husband have owned and operated their own small business since 1986, and as a result have a firm understanding of the daily challenges that come with this while raising a family.
Linda has a degree in Nursing with Honours and works as a Clinical Nurse in the operating theatre at Hollywood Private Hospital.
Since being elected Councillor for the City of Wanneroo, Linda has been intimately involved in local developments for the North Ward including:
- Traffic calming devices to deter hoons.
- Increased parkland and more children’s play equipment throughout the electorate
- The building of the new Yanchep Surf Lifesaving Club, with completion by the end of 2016
- The completion of the Brazier Road / Yanchep Lagoon foreshore redevelopment
- The redevelopment of the Mary Lindsay House art precinct and local open space
- The establishment of an extended dog beach area in Yanchep
- The building of the Yanchep active open space and facilities, with expected completion in July 2017
- Supporting the refurbishment of the Phil Renkin Centre with the installation of stage and equipment for local theatre productions
- The costing and progress of redevelopment for the Two Rocks Volunteer Fire Station
- Support for a genuine “Buy-Local” policy for Council to protect and create local jobs in the trade industry
- Strong advocacy for the building of Yanchep Senior High School
- Support for the Amberton active open space development.
The electorate of Butler is a great place to live, work, and raise a family in, and Linda loves that this area hasn’t lost its rural charm, still maintaining many areas of open bushland.
Linda understands that the Butler community needs an effective and cooperative representative who will stand up for its residents.
Linda is driven, enthusiastic and committed. She will be a strong voice for the constituents of Butler and will consult widely, strongly representing the views of local families.